About Side Mount Fundamentals
Keen to get a better grasp of one of BJJ’s quintessential positions? Gracie Jiu-jitsu Black Belt, Robbie Singh, presents Side Mount Fundamentals – the details, concepts, controls, variations and submissions. He also covers the mechanics that make the it effective. Whether you’re a coach looking for some new insight or a competitor wanting to build a stronger game, you’ll be sure to gain perspective.
What this instructional covers
- Essential Side Mount techniques
- How to maintain total Side Mount control
- Transitions to the Mount
- How to “Melt” your body into an opponent’s frame
- How to neutralise attacks and burn energy strategically
- Submission options such as the Americana, Kimura and Elbow Cup Arm Bar
- Side Mount variations such as Reverse Cross Chest, Short Base, Kazegatami and more
About the instructor
Robbie Singh has been training martial arts for 20 years and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu for 16. After receiving his Black Belt from Dave Krstic, he was then promoted to his First Degree under Pedro Sauer. Being the Head Coach of Gracie Jiu-jitsu Burwood, Robbie is also verified by Rener and Ryron Gracie .
Whilst Robbie has a reputation for being highly technical and detailed, he also brings a positive and supportive learning style to his students. In addition, he holds a Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) and Graduate Diplomas in Psychology and Counselling Psychology.